- Bottom, actual thugs with sticks planted outside polling place last November. But that was fine.
Sunday, August 30, 2009
Friday, August 28, 2009
From Townhall forum in Florida 8/20/09, getty photo
- In June, ABC gave its airwaves to broadcast propaganda for Obama's health plan. And from the White House no less. Why not?
- The White House run networks feel such questions are too 'partisan' or not factual. How was the free infomercial not partisan? A case could be made that it was illegal unless the network provided the same airtime for opposing views.
- The 33-second ad by the League of American Voters, which features a neurosurgeon who warns that a government-run health care system will lead to the rationing of procedures and medicine, began airing two weeks ago on local affiliates of ABC, NBC, FOX and CBS.
On a national level, however, ABC and NBC have refused to run the spot in its present form.
- "It's a powerful ad," said Bob Adams, executive director of the League of American Voters, a national nonprofit group with 15,000 members who advocate individual liberty and government accountability. "It tells the truth and it really highlights one of the biggest vulnerabilities and problems with this proposed legislation, which is it rations health care and disproportionately will decimate the quality of health care for seniors."
Adams said the advertisement is running on local network affiliates in states like Louisiana, Arkansas, Maine and Pennsylvania. But although CBS has approved the ad for national distribution and talks are ongoing with FOX,
- NBC has questioned some of the ad's facts while ABC has labeled it "partisan."
"The ABC Television Network has a long-standing policy that we do not sell time for advertising that presents a partisan position on a controversial public issue," spokeswoman Susan Sewell said in a written statement. "Just to be clear, this is a policy for the entire network, not just ABC News."
- NBC, meanwhile, said it has not turned down the ad and will reconsider it with some revisions."...from Fox News via Drudge Report
- photo from Gateway Pundit taken at McCaskill town hall.
Monday, August 24, 2009
- Who's watching the alleged 'watchdogs?'
- Working with White House reference is last sentence of the article...
- The Plum Line: "The Center for American Progress — which has emerged as perhaps Washington’s most influential idea factory in the age of Obama — is launching a major new war room, to be staffed by nearly a dozen people, that
- will focus on driving the White House’s message and agenda, I’m told.
The Democratic operatives running the project are already holding a daily early morning call with dozens of operatives from liberal groups — labor, health care, the environment — to coordinate messaging and to deliver usable talking points for the day, according to liberal operative Jennifer Palmieri, who’s the project’s communications director.
- The new war room — which is called Progressive Media — represents a serious ratcheting up of efforts to present a united liberal front in the coming policy wars. The goal of the war room will be to do hard-hitting research that boils down complex policy questions into usable talking points and
- narratives that play well in the media and build public support for the White House’s policy goals....
The war room — a joint project of CAP Action Fund and
- will be headed by well-known liberal operative Tara McGuinness, who worked on John Kerry’s presidential campaign and was a major player in the
- anti-war movement during the Bush years.
The morning calls are key to the effort to present a united liberal front — something that the Obama White House had already been working to build among outside groups.
“We do a coordination call to get our content out and to coordinate people so they can fire up for the day,” Palmieri says, adding that
- the group will work with the White House “only informally.”"
3/10/09, Sargent, Plumline blog, "Center for American Progress Launching Big War Room to Drive Obama Agenda," a Washington Post blog.
- It's a short walk from a 501c3 to a 501c4--both tax exempt!!!--but the latter is apparently ok to
- lobby and engage in political campaigning!!!
Sunday, August 23, 2009
- "This was never about improving citizens' health, but about expanding Big Government.
- As a senator,
- that the worse things got the more receptive the public would be to his Stalinist scheme.
- Forget 46 million uninsured Americans (Obama's claim, 5 March) requiring massive Federal assistance.
- The Census Bureau has identified 9.7 million of them as non-citizens.
- Altogether, 35.9 million Americans are without health insurance. Of these, 8.3 million earn $50,000-$75,000, 9.1 million more than $75,000, but choose not to insure themselves.
- Of the 20 million, at most, who cannot afford insurance, 45% will be covered within four months by employers as they move between jobs.
- The number of citizens earning less than $50,000 and unqualified for insurance is estimated at
- between 8.2 million and 13.9 million.
- This scheme was born of the hubris of Obama's first days in office; it will not play in Peoria – or anywhere.
- Americans have risen to the occasion: at a historic moment they have decisively rejected Big Government....
- two points above Richard Nixon's average rating during his presidency.
- Scotsman.com, "The Obama Delusion has well and Truly Exploded, " by Gerald Warner, 8/23/09, via Lucianne.com
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
- A "jobs" program for Obama supporters! No show jobs!
- TimesOnlineUK: "More than 45,000 NHS workers call in sick each day — one and a half times the rate of absence seen in the private sector.
- obesity, smoking, absenteeism and poor mental health are having a
- direct impact on the quality of patient care.
Dr Steve Boorman, a leading occupational health expert, was asked by the Government to assess links between staff habits and NHS productivity. He will present his interim review today. His findings are drawn from six months of staff surveys, workshops, data reviews and responses from trusts and experts.
- — More than 45,000 NHS workers are calling in sick every day, one and a half times the rate of absence in the private sector. Reducing the 10.3 million working days lost per year by a third would save the NHS £555 million annually.
— More than one in five staff smoke, the same proportion as in the adult population. About 40,000 NHS workers smoke more than 20 cigarettes a day.
- — More than a third of the workforce are in moderate to very poor mental health, with many expressing concern about intimidation from patients and their relatives.
— Hospitals with worse staff health are less productive and have higher rates of
- unnecessary use of agency workers and
- higher patient mortality rates.
More than three-quarters of staff believe that the state of their health affects patient care."..."Fat, Unfit, NHS staff top the Sick League," Lister. via Lucianne.com
- Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha yeah, Obama/Soros, those government plans really show the private sector how it's done. ...
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
- Cost to starving US taxpayers $1,750,000+ per year.
- Michelle Obama, as we reported on July 7, is not served by twenty-two attendants who stand by to cater to her every whim.
- including a hair dresser and make-up artist.
The annual cost to taxpayers for such unprecedented attention is approximately $1,750,000 without taking into account the expense
- of the lavish benefit packages afforded to every attendant.
Little did American voters realize the call for “change” would result in the establishment of an Obama oligarchy.
- The discovery of the additional attendants was made by D’Angelo Gore of factcheck.org and by calls to Katie McCormick Lelyyeld, Michelle Obama’s press secretary.
- "First Lady Now Requires 26 Servants," via Free Republic
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Saturday, August 8, 2009
- Obama: "But I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking"...via Drudge, via Breitbart